HOW TO SET UP A NEW BRANCH.
1. Recruit members
2. Decide a name for the branch, meeting place, time and frequency. Set an annual subscription rate if and as appropriate.
3. Write a constitution: This is merely a set of guidelines for running the branch and may be short and simple; examples can be provided if required. This can include details in (2).
4. Notify the NEC Branch Liaison Officer (details below) of:
i. Name of the branch;
ii. Details of meetings (venue, time dates);
iii. Contact details for a branch contact (name, address, telephone number and email address). This information will be placed in Pint In Hand, our quarterly magazine, so that SPBW members in your area can contact your branch.
iv. The number of copies of Pint in Hand required and the address to which they are to be sent. The number of copies required determines the annual affiliation fee which is payable to the NEC.
(Branch subscription rates. These are £20 for 5 quarterly copies of Pint in Hand. £40 for 10, £60 for 15, £85 for 25, £100 for 30, £130 for 40 and £190 for 60 etc.)
v, Send the affiliation fee to the NEC (cheques payable to SPBW)
5. All branch members are then regarded as members of the SPBW and are eligible to attend the NEC AGM and vote and to attend functions.
6. Send a list of members to the Branch Liaison Officer.
Also: [name], Branch Liaison Officer, [contact details] as a contact person for our branches information page.
NB/ Below isn’t available for the time being. As soon as it is, admin will notify branch contacts via the General Secretary.
We will set up your own branch topic area on our discussion forum. Someone from the branch can be nominated as Moderator for that forum. We can also set up a branch website (free).
Contact: John Dearing at firstname.lastname@example.org